We are hiring
For the first time in a very long time, we are on the look out for wonderful people to join our team.
Office Administration / Client Liaison Officer / Office Manager / Receptionist / etc staff:
Our primary focus at this moment is someone who can assist us managing the day to day administration of our office, across our 3 businesses but primarily our bookkeeping & accounting firm.
There is a lot to the role, so the ideal candidate will have excellent time management skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, loves organising, willingness to learn new software, be able to work with minimal supervision, and enjoy variety of tasks and talking with clients.
So what is involved in the day to day administration?
- Telecommunications - You will be answering and making phone calls, including recording the details of the conversations and passing messages on the correct person/s.
- Software - we work with a wide array of software such as ClickUp, FYIDocs, Xero Practice Manager, Practice Ignition, MS Office and many more. You will be managing and organising our various databases, and looking for solutions to optimise automations and efficiencies across the firm's software suite. You will also be looking for other software to add to our suite to assist us in management of our other businesses.
- Email management - You will be triaging our incoming email such as adding to our workflow management systems, leaving for us to read, clearing out the spam, etc. This will take a little while to understand what's what, so we don't expect you to figure it out on your own. You will also be sending out regular communications to clients to obtain information for their work, and follow up when not received.
- Hot Desk management - You will be managing the bookings of our hot desks that we have available. If we haven't decided on best software or tools for this by the time you come on board, you'll be assisting us with finding the best solutions.
- Day to day cleaning - You will be ensuring the office is kept tidy. This includes sweeping/vacuuming the floor daily, mopping the floor at least twice a week, maintaining cleanliness of the bathroom, keeping all surfaces clean including windows, desks and skirting, emptying bins, and ad hoc cleaning as required.
- Staff Amenities management - We keep tea, coffee and small snacks available for use by staff, hot desk users, workshop attendees and clients. You will be ensuring our supplies are stocked up.
- Client Management - Tying in with telecommunications, email management and software, you will be the first point of contact for client correspondence, and ensuring we have all information up to date across all databases, and that we have received all requested information prior to starting work on various client work. You will also be assisting in the virtual office services when we begin to offer this service (receptionist/secretarial and mail handling).
- Business Networking, Training Workshops, Marketing - We will be hosting networking events, training workshops, and more in our office in the near future and would love for you to assist us in managing these events, marketing for these events, and making sure everyone is looked after by way of tea, coffee and snacks.
- Organisation - Pretty much, everything comes down to organisation. Keeping us, and the office organised is the goal.
While we have desires for experience and skills in all of the above from our prospective administrative staff with a background in bookkeeping & accounting firms, it is not necessary. What is necessary however is:
- A willingness to learn the various software we use;
- A willingness to learn our processes and procedures;
- Have a friendly and personable nature;
- Be able to work across multiple businesses;
- Strong time management skills;
- Loves keeping things organised; and
Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and the flu (annually).
Full time or part time?
Good question! Initially, this will likely be a part time role with a view to going to full time. However, we're also open to this role being a job-share role if the person/s we seek only want to work part time.
What are the hours the office is open?
At the moment, it's when we're in the office which can be erratic (our clients need to book us in advance for meetings). But with the aid of our new administration staff, the office will ideally be open 930am to 5pm Monday to Friday to enable the hot desks to be booked during those hours.
Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper / BAS Agent / etc staff:
In the next 6 months, we'll be on the lookout for someone to assist us in the following in an initially casual capacity with a view to going to part time or full time (or even merging) some time in the future:
- General bookkeeping services utilising a variety of software such as MYOB, Xero, QBO, ReckonOne/IPABooks+, Accelo, Harvest, etc. We are software agnostic and will remain so.
- BAS preparation ready for review following our processes
- Annual accounting file preparation (may also be done by our administration staff depending on level of skills) following our processes
- Basic income tax return preparation following our processes
- Certificate IV of accounting (if assisting with accounting work); OR
- Certificate IV of bookkeeping (if not assisting with accounting work);
- Strong time management skills;
- Work from our office in Toowong;
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and the flu (annually); and
- Experience in public practice (bookkeeping firm, and/or accounting firm) with SMEs is highly desirable
We are open to merging with a BAS Agent if the right circumstances prevail. We are happy to discuss with you should this also be something you are looking at doing in the future.