Small Business Motor Vehicle Expenses
The Tax Office released a Small Business Motor Vehicle Expenses fact sheet which will help answer common questions about:
- types of motor vehicle expenses you can claim
- methods you can use to calculate your claim
- private use of a business car
- whether your vehicle is considered to be a car, and how this affects your claim
- records you need to keep.
Individuals - Car Expenses
As an employee, you may be able to claim motor vehicle expenses in your personal income tax return. You can download a fact sheet which helps answer common questions about:
- records you need to keep
- the type of travel you can claim
- how you can calculate the expenses
- what information to keep in a logbook
- the ATO myDeductions app.