Our partnership with this program has ceased. However, we do believe it has a lot of value to offer to all businesses in the country. If you are after any of the services we used to offer in this program, we can still provide these services. Get in touch with us and we will discuss options.
The Australian Small Business Advisory Services (ASBAS) Digital Solutions Program is a three-year Federal Government funded program aimed at increasing the digital capabilities of Small Businesses in Australia, through offering low cost, easy to understand workshops and advice directly to small business owners. September 2019 sees the program coming into its second year.
Business Station, in partnership with RDA Brisbane and Treeti, will deliver 46605 sessions across three jurisdictions between 2018 – 2021 in WA, QLD & NT.
About the Program
The program delivers low cost, high quality, digital advisory services to small businesses in metropolitan and regional areas across four key areas:
- Websites & Selling Online
- Social Media & Digital Marketing
- Using Small Business Software
- Online Security & Data Privacy
The program delivers value in two ways - through formal, structured workshops and webinars, and through one-on-one consulting with specialist advisors. Our small business software specialist, Melissa North, is an ASBAS advisor and provides both of these services through Business Station / RDA Brisbane for a heavily subsidised rate!
The program is open to all small business owners in Australia who:
- have an ABN
- not a Not For Profit entity
- less than 20 staff members.
If you are not based in Brisbane, Melissa is still able to provide 'remote' consultations (to NT and WA) and you can still participate in webinars, however, please
be aware that there are ASBAS providers in all States and we encourage you to reach out to your local provider!
Please see Business Station's FAQ recently published for some more information.
While this is a federally funded program, your investment will be minimal compared to the value you will obtain.
The pricing is as follows:
- One to one advisory, first hour: $40 plus GST
- One to one advisory, every subsequent hour: $60 plus GST
- Workshops: $30 plus GST plus Eventbrite fees
- Webinars: $15 plus GST plus Eventbrite fees
Please note the following:
- You can only book 2 one on one consultations per month (maximum of 2 hours / 120 minutes)
- Workshops with less than 8 registered attendees will not run and you will be contacted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the workshop to re-book / transfer
- Webinars with less than 10 registered attendees will not run and you will be contacted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the webinar to re-book / transfer
- Prices are subject to change and will be updated accordingly after they do
What We Do
We are no longer advisors with this program as we cannot devote the required resources but we do still believe it is a great opportunity for small businesses to utilise professional services, so check it out.
See what we can do for you below - just bear in mind it will be through our business, not the program.
Our involvement in the program is to deliver consultations, workshops and webinars around Using Small Business Software.
Due to Melissa's background in administration, bookkeeping and accounting, we identified that we are a great fit for this particular vertical of the program.
We work with customers in a variety of ways and look at a variety of different software ideas relevant to their needs. We recognise that there is an ocean of apps available to the majority of industry types, however, the core functionality of administration and finance remains the same.
We focus on the following key aspects to assist businesses in using small business software:
Assistance on how to use their small business software
- Accounting software packages
- Project management systems
- Document management solutions
- Customer Relationship Management / Customer Management Software
- Consultation on what small business software may suit their needs (some research may be required - re ocean of apps)
- Consultation on system integrations and workflow management
- Mud or mind maps - Mapping out how to organise your administrative and finance folders to work with your logical workflow processes and simplify the hierarchy of management folders [especially if working with a team and everyone sees logic differently]
In order to help us understand your requirements we ask you the following questions:
- What type of business do you operate?
- Do you have a team of people that need access to your systems?
- What is your budget now and expected budget in the future (in 12 and 24 months)?
- Do you need your software solution to scale with the business or happy to change it up as the business grows?
- What are the goals of the business?
- What are the requirements of the business?
- What are the 3 biggest pain points to your business processes at this moment you would like to address?
- What is the 1 single most important pain point to address right now?
- What is your current workflow? Or, how do you manage your current administrative and financial processes?
We often find that we need a few separate sessions (1-2 hours per time) to help you achieve your goals and get you on your way. We also like to find out more to see if we can refer you on to some other program advisors who can assist with your business marketing, website development or updates, SEO, communication and security needs. We believe the ASBAS program can be of amazing value to your business and want you to get the most of out it that you possibly can.
What We Do NOT Do
As mentioned above, we help businesses use small business software. We do NOT do the following:
- Taxation advice of any kind
- Set up of accounting software packages
- Installation / implementation of software
- The doing part of the work
However, we are more than happy to discuss our fees for the services our business provides with relation to these.